Friday, May 27, 2011

One Word About Graduation Weekend: SUCCESS

This post is long overdue...I started writing it a day or two after graduation, but never got around to finishing/posting it. So, here it is.

I walked on Saturday, May 7th, for graduation, with about a billion of my friends (actually, like 10-15 were at my graduation, and another 5 or so graduated later in the day). We were all in a line, and walked together, sat together, and graduated together. It was pretty awesome :)

The ceremony was long, but well-worth sitting through. My feet still hurt like hell from the giant blisters I got while walking (they took us way out of the way to walk over the seal :/) but it was a good day. A long day, but a good day. Will had to go to work at 11:30, and I was really worried that he wouldn't get to see me walk because of it...I walked across the stage right around 11am, and he left right after, so he got to see me. :D

Later that night, I had my graduation party. I mean, engagement party. I mean...EVERYTHING PARTY. Graduation, engagement, AND my cousin's birthday. We had a TON of food...way too much. DX I wanted people to bring food instead of presents, so my parents wouldn't have to cook as much, but mom and Granny still were crazy and made waaaaaaaaaaay too much food.

I ended up getting money from my family and Will's, and Will gave me The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, a very large book containing all five novels and one short story. I'm currently halfway through the fourth book~

I had an okay time at the party...30 people came, including friends and family. I didn't really get to eat because I was trying to talk to everyone, and I felt that I didn't have enough time to talk to everyone, and that not everyone was having a good time. >____< Mainly, it was just stressful.

Before and after I felt like I shouldn't have had the party, especially after my Grandma decided to tell me how much it cost...she's been suuuper bitchy, due to being tired, I guess. Anyway...I was pretty upset, and still kinda am. I really can't wait to move out- I can have pets, and parties, and friends over to hang out.

I think I'm already planning my housewarming party. XD

Anyway, glad to be graduated. :3 Diploma is on the way~

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I hated living with authority figures and people I had to depend on for money. I also hate parties where I am the center of attention, so I know how you feel about that.

    ReplyDelete