Monday, January 30, 2012

Facebook Timeline: Hi, Big Brother, nice to see you.

Facebook is forcing a new layout on it's users called "Timeline." Pretty much it's exactly what it sounds like- a timeline of everything you've ever posted, replied to, games you've played, pictures, videos, friends you added, etc, etc, etc. I got forced into it already, sadly, due to an app I wanted to try (Pinterest). I can't go back to the original layout.

It's very "Big Brother"-esque. Others can choose a year and a month to see all your interactions from that time period. Every single status you made, every single thing you were tagged in, what you liked, everything.

Some people have asked me why I'm deleting everything I can from past years on my profile now.

Though most people wouldn't think it and don't realize it, I tend to be more private of a person. I don't like people being all up in my business, nor do I want anything from the past (pertaining to me or others) to be pulled out of the grave. Therefore, I have made the decision to delete the old content. I have deleted every note I made except one (how he proposed) and have been working on removing content from at least 2009 and on to clean it up.

So when people ask why I'm deleting the old posts: Because I want to. Now fuck off.



No comments:

Post a Comment