Friday, July 20, 2012

Getting Organized: Clothing Drawers!

So, I have a lot of Tshirts. And by a lot, I mean A LOT. So I decided to organize them! Of course, this pin from pinterest (my new addiction, there's so much I want to take inspiration from on there!!!) helped motivate me to reorganize some of my clothing drawers. :)

Before:
So, with my shirts stacked in the drawer like this, I had no idea what was actually in the drawer...it also didn't want to close properly. Fixing time!

Step 1: Take all your shirts and throw them in a pile on your bed. Then organize them into piles! Mine were (not pictured): sports shirts, then workout shirts, then  random shirts!

 Step 2: Lay your shirt flat with the side you want showing on the bottom.

Step 3: Fold the shirt in half, lining it all up.


 Step 4: Here's the part I did differently...Fold the sleeve and side in, with the edge of the sleeve touching the other side of the shirt. I wear a L or XL in tshirts, so this gave me the best use of space.

Step 5: Fold the shirt in half lengthwise by folding the bottom up to the top.

Step 6: Fold the shirt up lengthwise again, then put in your drawer and repeat the process with each shirt!


Voila! I fit a total of 25 shirts into my drawer using this method. They fit better, and I caa see them all!

I also used this method with my pajama drawer (shown below- shirts on the left, shorts in the middle, pants on the right) and my unmentionables drawer (never gonna be shown! XD)

The sock drawer is my next target! :D Show me your finished drawers!

No comments:

Post a Comment